Primary tooth eruption is one of the most difficult periods in infancy, especially, when it is complicated by pathologies. Unfortunately, in the recent years such problems have become increasingly common in young children. However, among the other forms of dentition maldevelopmen in children, primary tooth eruption defects are minor problems and cause less damage.
Deciduous teeth erupted at the wrong angle are rare. Nevertheless, parents are often concerned about the wide interdental spaces between the temporary teeth. The rudiments of temporary tooth germs are laid in the first months of pregnancy. Sometimes, the teeth are located close to each other on the small jaw, creating congestion. The factors of such congestions are the following:
• the mother’s malnutrition during the pregnancy, when dental germs are formed;
• the lack of calcium, microelements and vitamins in the child’s diet (unvaried diet);
• insufficient load on the teeth of the infant, feeding only on the liquid or ground food after 8-10 months. The need solid food to chew, such as apples, carrots, brown, dried fruit;
• the chronic diseases of nasopharynx: colds, tonsillitis, adenoids, which provoke the permanent mouth breathing;
• bad habits: sucking a pacifier or thumb, sleeping with a pacifier in the mouth, feeding through a bottle after a year’s age. It is necessary to teach the child to drink from a cup, to eat with a spoon, chew its meals thoroughly.
All of these factors, as well as heredity, can cause the abnormal growth of deciduous teeth. Curvature of the primary teeth is treated only by the pediatric dentist who can assess the complexity of the problem, because the primary teeth are often aligned naturally without any medical intrusion.
Among the primary tooth eruption anomalies the other most common forms are:
• interdental space increase: a large gap between the upper front incisors, which is the consequence of the deep location of the upper jaw bridle;
• the black edging of the cervical tooth area of the teeth, which results from the malfunction of iron absorption, which facilitates the increased bacterial growth. The dental are treated by the dentist, meanwhile, the causes should be treated by pediatrician;
• yellow-brown teeth during the eruption (the primary teeth erupt dark), which is the result of maternal treatment with the antibiotic tetracycline at the period pregnancy (tetracycline teeth);
• the greenish coloration of the milk teeth manifests metabolic disorders, bilirubin, in particular. This symptom is also seen in hemolytic diseases associated with the destruction of red blood cells. In this case the child needs a full medical examination;
• red deciduous teeth appear as a result of the red pigment porphyrin metabolism disorders. The child is subject to a full medical examination.
• gray, soft teeth mark the lack of enamel hypoplasia, which develops due to the disorder of maternal nutrition during gestation, or as a result of metabolic disorders in the child. The problem can be solved by the dentist.